Sunday, November 24, 2013

I am an ENFJ

I really have no clue as to what this means or why it is relevant, but in trying to overcome my writer's block, I decided to try a test which was a combination of Meyers Briggs and Jung. After searching Google, I am told that an ENFJ is Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging (Extraverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition). According to Personalitypage.com, this makes me a giver, which makes sense. If you feel the need, you can read more about it from PP here. It's actually kind of accurate.

Famous ENFJ's include:


Dr. Martin Luther King 

Sassy Joe Biden

Neil Degrasse Tyson

Oprah

 Kate Winslet



I've read other places that this somehow also makes me a narcissist with histrionic personality disorder. Greeeeaaaaattt... Is Bono not a giver? Because, Bono is supposedly an ENFJ! Oprah gives away cars and crap to her audience! Waaaaahhhh! Me me me!!!

According to PersonalityMax.com, ENFJs are:
  • Idealistic
  •   Sociable
  • Warm
  • Gregarious
  • Introspective
  • Expressive
  • Altruistic
  • Complex
  • People-oriented
  • Caring
  • Charismatic
  • Assertive
  • Positive
  • Supportive
  • Encouraging
  • Organized
  • Abstract
  • Enthusiastic
  • Loyal
  • Leader
  • Empathetic
  • Selfless
  • Affectionate
  • Passionate
  • Nurturing

Does that sound like a megalomaniac to you? Ok, maybe I should let that part go...

The same website said that these careers would be good for me:
  • Teacher
  • Professor
  • Social Worker
  • Career Counselor
  • Counselor
  • Therapist
  • Psychologist
  • Psychiatrist
  • Church Worker
  • Trainer
  • Human Resources
  • Librarian
  • Writer
  • Nurse
  • Diplomat
  • Consultant
  • Artist
  • Editor
  • Administrator
  • Actor/Actress
  • Events Coordinator
  • Facilitator
  • Homemaker
  • Musician
  • Designer
  • Engineer
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Politician
  • Project Manager
  • Sales Agent
  • Senior Manager
It's funny, because I've done many of these jobs. Not Church Worker, obviously, because I am not the slightest bit religious. Not a nurse, because I generally dislike people and their bodily fluids and germs - wait, that whole disliking people thing is the opposite of an ENFJ, isn't it?

According to the laws of these online test wizards, my ideal match is INFP (Idealist) or ISFP (Artist). I do love me some artist! I wonder if this is like Chinese astrology or regular astrology. I am a goat and a Cancer. Being a Cancer means I am supposed to be a homebody, which I am not. It also means a Sagittarius is bad match for me; although, I've been with one for 12 years.  As a goat, I like to eat tin cans and climb mountains.


I guess it's fun to read these things, but do we really need tests to tell us, and others, who we really are? I like to think we each have a different mold we are made from. I know we are all animals and animals have predictable behavior patterns, but we all have different genetics and different life experiences.

In a way, I guess it helped me a little with my writer's block! ENFJ's make good writers, the test says so! THE TEST KNOWS ALL! I hate Bono. Thank you and good night.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to fix the font discrepancies and the bullet point alignment several times, but can't seem to do it from the composition panel and the HTML is a big old mess. So sorry, but I give up! I hope your OCD is ok. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete