Friday, November 1, 2013

“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” ― Karl Lagerfeld

Again, I do not like to think of a cell phone photograph as a real photograph. Maybe, this is because I was born in the 70s, when we didn't have home computers or cell phones, let alone smart phones. I realize the same concepts of composition come into play, that a lot of today's smartphones have great built in camera technology, and that the beauty of the iPhone for photographers is that it is always with you. Photography schools and adult education organizations are starting to offer iPhone photography classes. National Geographic has offered iPhone photography tips. However, it is still hard to think of it as not, in some way, cheating.

With that being said,* I've decided to go with the picture posting theme of today and share some of my better Instagram photos (taken with my iPhone 5):












*My former English teachers must hate this blog for its wordiness and overuse of subordinate clauses!


No comments:

Post a Comment