Friday, November 1, 2013

“For me, the camera is a sketch book, an instrument of intuition and spontaneity.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

I have a passion for photography. So much can be conveyed in one image. I like to think of my camera as my canvas. I can't paint well nor am I able to draw the way I see things in my mind's eye. But, I feel like I can convey what is in my head, fairly well, through the lens.

If I had more time and money, I would probably go back to school for professional photography. I've taken a couple of adult education courses, but, of course, if you don't constantly use it, you lose it. This website is a fun tool to play with, but, when it comes to my own camera, it's hard to put it all together and get it right, when you have the perfect scene in front of you. I would love to be able to have all of the fancy lenses, lighting tools, etc. I would love to be able to just know which f-stop to use. Most of the time, I just wing it.

I tried a few days ago to post some of the iPhone camera photos I am most proud of, but I feel like that's cheating. There is no real skill to a camera phone picture...and there is a lot of manipulation you can use to make it look great. I'd rather post some of the actual photographs I've taken that I am happiest with. I've posted a few of these below.












No comments:

Post a Comment