Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Liebster Award


I was surprised yesterday in my comments section by Nora from NoraDemi.com. Apparently, she has nominated me for something called a "Leibster award." Thanks so much, Nora! That's very cool of you!

One thing I love about blogging is getting to meet cool new creative people. I met one of my best friends from Iceland through an old blog! I think this will be a fun way to continue to discover new writers.

In order to take part, I have to answer Nora's questions and create some of my own.



1) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I've thought about this a lot. There was a time in my life, where I felt restless and wanted to be anywhere but here. I traveled a ton and discovered a lot of new places that could have been "the one." However, when it comes down to the details, they have really been just great places to visit. While my default answer would be anywhere in Scandinavia or France, honestly, the more realistic place for me would be the San Francisco Bay Area.

2) What is one think you miss about being a kid?
Not having to worry about paying bills and feeling like anything was possible. 

3) Who is your favorite actor or actress?
Alexander Skarsgård

4) What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
Don't let anyone into your head who doesn't pay rent.

5) Are there any foods you’ve never had but would like to?

That's a tough one. I've had all kinds of weird foods from rotted shark to whale. I think maybe real Kobe Beef from Japan. I've had the American equivalent, but I hear the real thing is mind-blowing.

6.) What is one possession or object that make you happy?

I take it we are talking material things here. I try not to gain happiness from material things, as they really have no value, unless it is sentimental. I would maybe say old photographs of family... Although, I'd be lying if I didn't say I love my iPhone. As a stay-at-home mom, it is kind of my window to the world.

7.) Do you believe in soul mates?

Not really. As someone who worked many years with scientists who studied the mind, the brain, and human behavior, I am not sure what I think of the idea of the soul. I think that people have chemistry or they don't. The rest takes work. No one person is ideal for anyone - everybody has flaws. Some people are just better for us than others.

8.) What countries have you traveled to?
I haven't traveled to as many countries as I would like to. World travel is so incredibly expensive. So far, I've been to Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Iceland.

9.) What are you scared of?
Death, spiders, snakes, heights, being trapped in small spaces.

10.) What is your favorite meal of the day?
Dinner

11.) Are you a dog person or cat person?

Both

12.) Do you believe in luck?
Yes, and karma.



Here are the bloggers I nominate*:

1.) Living on Dreams & Stardust

2.) Random Musings

3.) Musings of Lanna Lee Maheux

4.) Ramblings of an EdMan


*There are many more I would love to nominate, but they do not meet the requirements. Therefore, I can only do 4 for now. I realize this breaks the rules, but it is the best I can do. I used to read a ton of small blogs, but, unfortunately, I don't get much time, since I constantly have to keep my eye on the wee one.


Ok, nominees, here are your questions:

1.) What movie deserves a sequel?
2.) If you had to lose a body part, which one would you choose?
3.) What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?
4.) What was the plot of the last dream you had?
5.) What is the worst job you ever had?
6.) What is the weirdest thing you've ever seen or experienced? 
7.) Where is the worst place you've ever visited? 
8.) What is the worst thing you've ever eaten?
9.) What is the best feeling in the world?
10.) What is your spirit animal?
11.) Would you rather never eat again (and not die) or never have sex again?

No comments:

Post a Comment