Saturday, November 9, 2013

Cars in real life

Thanks to having a toddler boy, I think I've seen the Disney movie, Cars, about 107 times...maybe more. Somewhere around the 85th viewing, I started to wonder what the cars would look like if they were real people. Unfortunately, the closest I can get to answering my question is the voice actors. I think it would be cool, though, if someone drew all of the characters as living people. I mean, Sally probably doesn't look exactly like Bonnie Hunt, and Larry the Cable guy, as far as I know, doesn't have buck teeth.

I realize I've lost the cool of my youth. I am talking in depth about cartoons instead of microbrews, gastronomy, and indie rock. Ugh...

Anyway, for the other parents out there who are subjected to daily viewings of this film, here are the basic main characters from Cars matched up to their voice actors and the cars they are based on. Maybe I'll do the others another time.


Lightening McQueen aka Owen Wilson

According to Wikipedia, McQueen is "based on generic NASCAR vehicles, but with design influences from the Mazda Miata and Dodge Viper." I happened to look through the pics and he looked most like a Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR, so that's what I'm posting.




Tow Mater aka Larry the Cable Guy

1951 International Harvester Tow Truck




Sally Carrera aka Bonny Hunt

Porsche 996 Motorcar


Doc Hudson aka Paul Newman

1953 Hudson Wasp




Luigi aka Tony Shaloub

1959 Fiat 500

 

Guido aka Quido Quaroni

1950s Isetta Forklift




Fillmore aka George Carlin

1960 Volkswagon Bus



Sarge aka Paul Dooley

Willy's MB Jeep




Flo aka Jenifer Lewis

According to Wikipedia, "[Flo] appears to be inspired by three early- to mid-1950s show cars: the 1951 Le Sabre (front-end lines, the basic hood shape, lights mounted near the corners, and front-quarter trim), the 1951 Buick XP-300 (side trim), and the 1956/57 Chrysler Dart (cockpit, deck lid, and tailfins)." I've posted the 1956 Chrysler Dart.



Ramone aka Cheech Marin

1959 Chevrolet Impala Lowrider
 



I promise to post something more adult, next time. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment