Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Marie Claire "What's On" Questionaire



Perennial To-Do List: Clean the bathroom, create that website I've been thinking about for over a year, research preschools.

Mind: How to get more sleep.

Bucket List: Travel to France, Norway, Sweden, Italy, and French Polynesia. Take more photography classes. Upgrade my home. Move to San Francisco.

Kitchen Counter: A Keurig, microwave, and toaster oven. A lucky bambo and a statue of Ganesha.

Regrets List: Not saying goodbye to my grandfather, the last time I saw him.

Last Credit Card Statement: I rarely use my credit card, but holiday portraits and parking.

Shit List: Selfish people, Boston drivers, the health insurance industry, extreme right-wing gun-nuts.

Playlist: Empire of the Sun, Nada Surf, Cold War Kids, Cut Copy, Washed Out, Miike Snow, Band of Horses, Beirut, The Naked and Famous, Big Star, Bombay Bicycle Club, Does It Offend You Yeah

Qualities-in-a-Friend List: Honesty, loyalty, and a great sense of humor

Favorite-Gadget List:  My iPhone, Keureg, DVR

Bed: A pillow top mattress, several pillows, and two winter blankets (I can't stand the cold).

Go-To Menu: Thai, Chinese, Indian, and Pizza Delivery. I won't say where, because I don't want to give too much away about where I live.

Workout Regimen: I used to love Yoga and cycling, but haven't been able to find the time or money to do the former; the latter is just hard when you live on a hill with a toddler. I was running 1-2 times a week before the weather got cold, but now mostly go for really long walks with the stroller (3-7 miles). Also, carrying a 30+ lb kid everywhere, along with all of his stuff, is a great workout in and of itself!

List of Charities You Support: MSPCA, BARCC, St. Jude Children's Foundation, March of Dimes, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Gulf Restoration Network

Liquor Shelf: Craft Beer, Red Wine, Prosecco

Must-See-TV ListTrue Blood, Homeland, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, American Horror Story

Nightstand: Ativan, my iPhone charger, water, moisturizer

Quote-to-Live-by List: "Hope for the best and expect the worst" - Old Irish Proverb

"The devil is not wise because he is the devil, the devil is wise, because he is old" - Old Chilean Proverb

"All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”
― Julian of Norwich

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
- Edgar Allan Poe

2 comments:

  1. oohh, that edgar allan poe quote has always been a favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer my quick question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com whenever you get a free moment!

    ReplyDelete