Friday, November 29, 2013

Tomorrow is the last day of NaBloPoMo

I have to say, I will not miss the pressure of feeling like I have to come up with something to write every day! (Ha, ha!) However, it really has been fun and good for me. Since I stopped working full-time, I don't write nearly as much as I should. It has been helpful to start practicing again. Now, if I could get back to reading anything besides the internet and magazines!

Seriously, reading after having a child is difficult. The stress and lack of sleep make it hard to concentrate on anything for long periods of time. Christ, even reading a multiple page article can take hours or even days!

Speaking of Christ, I started reading Zealot by Reza Aslan. So far, it is really fascinating, but, again, only about two chapters in and the reading is slow going. In the meantime, I keep seeing books I really want to read, like McRobbie's Princesses Behaving Badly, but I'll probably start and not be able to finish those either, so why spend the money, right now? I look forward to getting through at least one book, hopefully the Aslan one, by the middle of next year!

It's crazy to think that next year is only about a month away. The older I get, the faster time flies by. I sincerely hope to one day regain that part of my brain that is currently missing and seems to have been removed, when my child was pulled from my body.


No comments:

Post a Comment