Monday, November 25, 2013

Tell your life story in ten lines

I was born in the late 70s on "the other side of the River". My mother was a secretary and my father worked in project management. I have one younger brother and was raised in a lower middle-class suburb of Boston, which is now a wealthy community. My parents divorced when I was four years old; both parents later remarried. An honor roll student, I graduated high school a year early and went to a state school, later transferring to a world-renowned communications school and beginning an internship in commercial radio. I ended up working in commercial radio and higher education for over a decade, when I also met my husband, who was a friend of a friend. I traveled to Canada, Mexico, Iceland, and England, as well as to many states across the US. I've always dreamed of seeing more of the world. Two years ago, after many years of trying, we finally welcomed a wonderful little boy into our home and purchased our first house in the suburbs. I now spend my days raising this wonderful little boy and volunteering as a mentor at the hospital where he was born.

Writing prompt courtesy of Languageisavirus.com


 
I feel like a lot of details have been left out, but I was only given 10 lines. I can see now, why autobiographies are so long! Just because something is omitted, does not mean it isn't important. I spent many years studying music and seeing/meeting a lot of bands. I also have had many wonderful people in my life and many incredible adventures. I guess you'll just have to use your imagination!


No comments:

Post a Comment